Metal Expansion Wristband and Coil Cord (U.S. Patent 5,004,425)
Creates a path-to-ground for an operator with resistance <3.5 x 10E7 ohms per the required limits of ANSI/ESD S20.20 for Method 1.
- Patented1 Magnetic Connection Between Wrist Band and Coil Cord
Superior electrical connection to eliminate intermittent failures of traditional snaps; extends the lifespan of the wrist strap. Maintains 1-5 pound release to prevent accidental disconnects and increased safety.
- Highly Visible Color
Bright colors allow supervisor to see that worker is wearing wrist strap.
- Patented2 Size Adjustment
Designed to allow the operator to adjust the size (circumference: 5.75" - 13") to their wrist.
- Medical Grade Series Stainless Steel Backplate and Links
Creates a more reliable path-to-ground3 for the operator.
- Solid Stainless Steel Machined Snap Stud
Solid material will provide a consistent 1-5 pound release to prevent accidental disconnects between wristband and cord.
12 Foot (18 Inches of Coils) Coil Cord
- Strain Relief Tests Over 1 Million Cycles; 62 Times The Minimum Requirement Per ESD S1.1
Eliminates intermittent failures that occur with less durable cords and extends the lifespan of the wrist strap.
- Patented4 Banana Plug
Designed to prevent wear to banana springs that will leads to accidental disconnects from banana jacks.
- Relaxed Retraction Coil Cord
Soft pull does not tug on the wearer’s arm.
- Low Profile Snap Design
Prevents cord from being disconnected or getting in the way of operator’s work area.
- Date Coded
Provided so that the lifespan of the product may tracked and to ensure quality control.
- UL Listed
Meets UL requirements to ensure operator safety.
- Made in the United States of America
1. Patent Number 5,004,425 - Magnetic snap assembly for connecting grounding cord to electrically conductive body band
2. Patent Number 5,586,351 - Adjustable Antistatic bracelet with snap-assembled permanent
3. Metal expansion bracelet style wrist cuffs may trap moisture underneath and can be more effective for people with dry skin." [ESD Handbook TR20.20 section 126.96.36.199.3]
4. Patent Number 5,951,337 - Damage-Resistant Electrical Connector Plug and Combination
What the ESD Association says about wrist straps:
"Note: Metal expansion bracelet style wrist cuffs may trap moisture underneath and can be more effective for people with dry skin." [ESD Handbook TR20.20 section 188.8.131.52.3]
Per ESD Handbook TR20.20 section 184.108.40.206 Wrist Strap Checkers - “Wrist strap checkers have historically been the primary tool for testing the operation of the wrist strap system including, the wristband, grounding cord and most importantly, the electrical integrity of the contact between the wristband and the wearer. Wrist strap checkers measure the resistance of the entire system.”
NOTE: All bands have a 4mm snap stud. Complete wrist strap kits include an alligator clip. Wrist strap kits include an alligator clip for occasions when a grounded banana jack is not available. However, best industry practice is that ESD Ground Connections should be firm fitting connecting devices such as metallic crimps, snaps and banana plugs to be connected to designated ground points. Use of alligator clips is not recommended. (Ref: JEDEC Standard No. 625-A)
ANSI/ESD S20.20 Paragraph 220.127.116.11 Personnel Grounding Requirement "All personnel shall be bonded or electrically connected to ground or contrived ground when handling ESD sensitive items. When personnel are seated at ESD protective workstations, they shall be connected to the common point via a wrist strap system."